Username Password: Remember me

Nerong Round 3
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Nerong Round 3

Nerong Round 3 8 years, 3 months ago #392

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Headed out to Nerong again today. What a great ride. Today was a day for exploring, and it was fantastic to tackle some new trails and some that we haven't ridden on for about 2 years. We managed to avoid a majority of the wet stuff, but the trade off was some gnarly logs and lantana.

The DRZ had some minor changes since the last ride. THe lowering links were ditched, and the SM seat fitted which is an inch lower than the E's which turns out is all I need....well I could do with a 1/2 inch lower but I will live with it.

Toward the end of the ride, the bike started to backfire, stall and would not idle. I noticed the overflow bottle had more coolant in it than usual, so I thought it was overheating. We got back on some fire trails and back to the car, but it wasn't any better.

After the hour trip home, we got the bike off the trailer and fired her up and same problem. At this point I was worried I was going to be forking out some hard earned to a mechanic. The bike was idling higher than usual with the choke on. A mate of mine bent down to turn it off, when he did. the bike snuffed out and spat at him. Turns out, a vacuum line had popped off that runs into the the boot between the carb and barrel. Hooked it back up, away she went, ready for another day. Store that one in the memory bank.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds