• Andrew
  • Administrator
I guess I am going first.

Bike: 2009 DRZ400E

Type of riding: Daily to work and weekend trail riding

Andrew

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 2 months ago #9

Bike: 2008 DRZ400E (Black)

I've just bought the bike and it's unregistered, so haven't been able to go for a proper ride yet.

So far it's got the Vapor speedo, barkbusters, B&B bashplate, case savers, renthal bars, MSR gear lever and acerbis headlight.

Glen

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 2 months ago #11

• Andrew
  • Administrator
Hi Glen,

Welcome to the site. Do you have any photos of the bike? I would like to see the acerbis headlight.

Andrew

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 1 month ago #13

• Burtyboy
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi I'm Paul and live in Cleveland, Qld. 42 years young and still riding regularly.

I have a 2003 KLX400 (its a green DRZ)that I use for weekend trail riding and some longer trips around Central Qld.
Mods to the bike are; Trailtech fork valve kit and rear shock (big improvement over standard), B&B bash plate, bark busters, engine case savers, B&B exhaust baffle, wavy brake disks front & rear, Whipps alloy rear rack and Motoz Tractionator tyres. I've yet to have a puncture with Motoz tyres and thats why I continue to use them. They seem to have really hard/stiff sidewalls.

Future mods are 28 liter tank, Trailtech Vapor computer (I've just ordered it) and Airhawk seat as I want to do a couple of very long rides in to the outback.

I also have a CRF250X that I use for weekend riding with a group of friends. It nice and light but doesn't have the grunt of the KLX.

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 1 month ago #17

• _liam_
  • Senior Boarder
Hi guys. I'm Liam from Queanbeyan. 34 and a born-again motorcyclist.
I haven't owned a bike since I lived in Far North Queensland 10 years ago... Had a TT250 back then... Buying a yellow DRZ400E in the next week or two, finance depending..
Getting it new and taking advantage of a 20% off accessories deal so I'll be getting a B&B bashplate, Barkbuster Egos whacked on by the guys at Dahlitz.
Looking at grabbing a Shoei Hornet along with a good jacket, gloves and security bits at the time of purchase too.
Any clues on de-restricting the bike? Is that a legal modification? Is it somehing I need to do myself?

I like the website by the way. I've been checking it out a few times this week and checking out the mods and the rides.

Once I get on the road perhaps I could tag along on a local ride one day? I'm still fairly beginner at this stage...

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 1 month ago #20

• Andrew
  • Administrator
Hi _liam_

Hope you end up getting the DRZ. Your situation is very similar to mine around 2 years ago, I hadn't had a bike for 10 years last one being a KTM-300 two stroke but before that I had a TT350.

You will be very pleased with the DRZ it is a great all rounder and very low maintenance like the old TTs.

I believe de-restricting the bike does make the bike illegal for learners but I don't know of any stores that don't de-restrict it before leaving the shop, I hear some stores charge $150 to do it. I would ask Dahlitz what their policy is.

I got my first DRZ from Canberra Motorcycle Centre in Mitchell and my current one from Teammotto in QLD and both de-restricted it free of charge. I believe the bike is hardly rideable when it is restricted eg you only have 1/3 of the throttle.

Just yell out when you are used to the bike and we will organise a ride.

Andrew

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 1 month ago #22

• _liam_
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks Andrew.

Finance is a goer! Gotta get my L's (again - they lapsed) next Thursday after I do Stay Upright and then once I get the bike insured, the bank will give me a cheque and the bike is all mine :)

That gives Dahlitz time to get in the few accessories I am after that they don't have in stock.

I'll speak to them about de-restricting the bike.

And yeah... once I am comfortable on the bike and confident we'll go for a ride!

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 1 month ago #23

• Bluey
  • Fresh Boarder
Hellody, 36yo Melbournian and 8 year veteran of the DRZ400... My name's Wayne but as I'm a blood nut, most everyone ends up calling me Blue...

Bought my '02 new in '02 with Yoshi slip-on, BOSS bash plate, Bark Buster Ego, Acerbis twin di-chromic headlight, Acerbis fender eliminator and tail/brake light combo...

Installed a Rekluse auto clutch a few years back and never looked back

Which brings us to present day, sold the old girl last week as she mostly sat in the corner collecting dust - the wife and I bought a restaurant and now time is a rare commodity... I still have a VTR1000 which is more practical at the moment but if time comes back to me and I get back on the dirt, I'll be looking for a DRZ without hesitation...

This is her dressed as a 'tard...

and my lump mounted on her at our property...

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years, 1 month ago #24

• _liam_
  • Senior Boarder
that headlight setup looks great!

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years ago #32

re: picture of the Acerbis headlight

Sorry for not replying sooner Andrew.
I don't have the Acerbis headlight on my bike at the moment (I put the original back on for when I got the bike registered - just in case) but I'll change it back and get a picture for you. I'm interested myself to see which one works better. :)

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years ago #34

Hey Guys
My name is Zeke
Bike: Suzuki Drz400e '09
Mods: pro taper bars and raisers , cut 1" out of seat and had re covered
tail light eliminator , barkbusters , removed kickstand kill switch
Ride:Kowan Forrest , on road to work

Cheers

Zeke

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years ago #37

• Andrew
  • Administrator
Welcome Zeke,

Great to see another brand new DRZ in Canberra, it's now getting to a stage where we could try and organise a DRZ400E ride day. I haven't been out to Kowan Forrest yet what's it like?

Looks like you haven't messed around getting into modifying your DRZ well done.

Hope you enjoy the site.

Andrew

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years ago #38

Thanks Andrew,
Love the Drz ive been riding two strokes 250's best move buying the DRZ
I would be keen for a ride day
Kowan forest is awesome plenty of single track tight stuff and hundreds of fire tracks just for cruising
I prefer just exploring really
just send me a note if you would like to meet up one day and go for a ride Im really only a beginner its been 5 years since I was on a dirt bike , but its all coming back to me

I a little tied up for the next few weeks moving house but after that Ill be free most weekends

Cheers

Zeke

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years ago #39

• _liam_
  • Senior Boarder
So do one of you guys ride from Queanbo towards Civic via Oaks Estate each morning? I drive that way to work and have spied a pretty new Zed undertaking us all in our bumper to bumper cars stuck in 2nd gear at 8am each morning..

Not for much longer for me to be riding instead of driving to work :)

I just gotta get back on the bike... I rode it for two days and then ended up in surgery for an ongoing gut/bowel problem. Shitty timing to say the least!!

Re:Lets see who we have where 8 years ago #40

Hey Guys
Just a few pics of the Drz
03042010237.jpg

oooo-20100403.jpg
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds