You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRZ400e Suspension Set Up
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ400e Suspension Set Up

DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #98

• Gobby
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys,

Great to see an Ozzie website for the DRZ's.

I have an 08 400e, with the 28ltr Safaris tank. I also fitted a Dakar screen, pannier racks and a rear rack. :P

Right now, I weigh 85kgs, and in full battle dress (ATGATT), and kit for an over nighter, I hit 120kg's on the scales. More if I am taking extra water with me.
;)
So any advice as to how to set up the suspension. So far I have no complaints, but I am sure the bike could be much better if set up right.

I guess the bike is standard for a 70 to 80kg rider, so with a full fuel tank, me and the gear, well I would be close to almost double the design weight, so I guess it can only improve with correct setting up?

Many thanks guys, keen to read your advice / suggestions - and yes, I already got the "go on a diet" on. :silly:

Re: DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #107

Sounds like my setup is similar, I havent mucked around with suspension yet but will follow this thread with interest.

Re: DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #109

talked further on the topic with a mate and he sent me the teknik suspension setup manual.

I will try and attach it here, but i am a bit of computer gumby and if it doesnt work send me a message and i will email it if you are interested.

Cheers,

Re: DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #113

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
how did the new set up work out dude?? very interested to hear,,

Re: DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #182

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
just wound the rear spring down 20mm and played with the rebound and prelaod , frigged heaps better and it sit and look great, and seems to find that sweet spot on the back wheel with no effortnow as well, if your a heavier dude, give it a go before you go spending heaps of cash.
worked for me.

troy

Re: DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #185

• Belly from oz
  • Junior Boarder
  • Enjoy whatever you do to the upmost.
Hi Guys, Only new to this site (joined yesterday) and only new to the 400e (3 weeks ago). Any dirt bike I have had I have set the sag at about 100mm (95 -105). The sag being the difference in two measurements taken from the rear axle and a point on the rear fender (it doesn't matter where on the fender as long as you use the same point for both measurements).
The first measurement is taken with the bike suspension unloaded (rear wheel of the ground) and the second measurement is taken with you on the bike whith all your gear on and in your case all of the luggage etc. The difference should be about 100mm as I said. Adjust the preload on the spring up or down to get the measurement right. That will allow the spring to work in it's designed position so that it can not only compress to soak up a bump but it can extend to go into a hole instead of your whole bike going into the hole. I had a BMW with adjustable preload by a wheel externally and you could even udjust it while you were riding. It was great because you could have it set for you and then when you put a load on it for the weekend you could adjust it in two seconds. Unfortunately we have to take off panels and things but it is well worth getting it right first. Then make sure all your rebound and compression settings are at factory settings and start playing from there. If your bike is second hand the settings could be anything, so set it back to square one to start with. You nmay find that that is the setting for you. Hope that Helps.
Attachments:

Re:DRZ400e Suspension Set Up 8 years, 3 months ago #186

• Gobby
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the excellent advise, all I now need to do is get it done. :P

Hope to look at it this weekend, and yeah, I want to try set up, before I start spending money.

Great website B)

Cheers, Kev
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds