you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Weight and Weight loss
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Weight and Weight loss

Weight and Weight loss 7 years, 8 months ago #952

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
After having a day riding where I really struggled man-handling the DRZ, I decided to get it weighed.

It had around 7litres of fuel in it and tipped the scales at 131kg (63kg front, 68kg rear). I love the power of the DRZ but would like to shed a few more KG.

I have already ditched the stock headlight, tailguard extender, blinkers and mirrors and saved a couple of KG there. The pipe is the next thing I will look at.

I ride mine to and from work and tight single trails on the weekend.

Anyone out there got any other tips to make the beast lighter but still keep it practical for day to day and single trail use?

Re:Weight and Weight loss 7 years, 8 months ago #953

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
:woohoo: Don't eat for a couple of weeks loose weight and save money :lol:
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re:Weight and Weight loss 7 years, 8 months ago #956

I got some weights listed down the bottom of my webpage.
http://www.offroadvw.net/index.php?name=DRZ400E

My Muzzy exhaust was 1kg lighter than the stock unit.

Re:Weight and Weight loss 7 years, 8 months ago #958

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
The quickest way to get the DRZ as light as an enduro 400 is to grind off all unused brackets, use titanium screws, take off all the road gear, drill holes in everything except the frame.Then ber light weight fittings/ pipe etc.

On second thoughts it is cheaper to sell the DRZ and buy an enduro bike.

Or you can just ride more and get used to the weight, or ride a 650 for a while and then the 400 will feel like a 125.

:laugh:

Re:Weight and Weight loss 7 years, 8 months ago #963

Yeah, I ride my DL650 Vstrom to work everyday. So when I get on the DRZ it feels like a mini bike :laugh:

Re:Weight and Weight loss 7 years, 8 months ago #978

• shanhard
  • Senior Boarder
Off topic: pneumatic, your Zed looks sa-weeeet! Nice work mate. I loved reading your post on the offraod site too, very informative and will help me avoid the same problems you've already encountered. Cheers!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds