you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRZ Aftermarket Tailight
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ Aftermarket Tailight

DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 7 years, 1 month ago #89

G,day Folks,
thought you might be interested in this. After much looking for an aftermarket tailight I bought one from Super Cheap Auto for $39(how godds that!!).After much ****ing around I finally got it sorted and it looks good. For the price you cant beat it.
"It's not that I hate your mother,I just won't be sad when she's dead" Homer J Simpson

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 7 years, 1 month ago #90

DRZ_Pics_001.JPG
"It's not that I hate your mother,I just won't be sad when she's dead" Homer J Simpson

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 7 years, 1 month ago #92

Looks sweet
Well Done

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 7 years ago #148

• G man
  • Junior Boarder
looks great im in the middle of installing very small indicators and a new stop light.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 12 months ago #252

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
I bought this one for $19 (inc postage)on ebay, not as neat as the Supercheap one though, but I contacted the seller as 4 LED's were out and they sent me another one :lol:. I used the original plastic brackets on the guard to mount the halogen indicators on (very bright little buggers they are).

Also in the pic is my new toolbag - I have some great work mates who do upholstory work - and for a 6 pack, I got a new vinyl tool bag, that is slightly lower profile, and a bit more robust than the old material one.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 12 months ago #255

• TC
  • Senior Boarder
I don't know about you southern boys, but the removal of the adr hanger and replacement with a small led is illegal in QLD (although we all do it) in Brisbane there has been a blitz on this... their main concern seems to be a lack of a reflector on the rear.

This is what I have done to remedy this :P

I used the stock reflector and attached it with a piece of aluminium.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 11 months ago #258

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
An alternate would be this stle I found on e-bay; $47 including postage which is pretty good from a seller named virtualvillage-au-alpha. I might give these a crack once I go through the 2 plastic ones.

It would be interesting to see what law you were breaking though.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 11 months ago #261

• TC
  • Senior Boarder
Good wrote:
An alternate would be this stle I found on e-bay; $47 including postage which is pretty good from a seller named virtualvillage-au-alpha. I might give these a crack once I go through the 2 plastic ones.

It would be interesting to see what law you were breaking though.

yep I saw that one, its new to ebay, looks very sturdy.

As for laws there are heaps relating to the position of the number plate in relation to the rear axle, height, vert. angle, side angle etc and a reflector is required. Also plates may not be bent or obscured in any way (eg no folding the ends over).

Mostly it comes down to how the police officer is feeling :blink:

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 11 months ago #385

• scotty
  • Expert Boarder
DRC Edge on mine. Comes with a nice stainless steel number plate bracket.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 10 months ago #436

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
I got my new tail light in the mail today. Its from s3performance. Looks the goods as well so pretty happy with it so far.

I took all the bolts off the original thinking that the wires wold have plugs on them but they dont. i will have to cut them all and put some bullet plugs in so i can change it around if need be and to replace the indicators when i get around to that.

Will try and get it fitted on saturday. :)
4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 10 months ago #503

• Rocker
  • Expert Boarder
  • Never enough time to ride.
Managed to get my tail light and blinkers on over the weekend. I got both from s3performance and am very impressed with the quality. Very happy with the way it lookas well, really cleans up the back of the bike.

4 wheels moves the body, 2 wheels moves the soul.

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 9 months ago #505

• mickxr6
  • Senior Boarder
scotty wrote:
DRC Edge on mine. Comes with a nice stainless steel number plate bracket.

I have ordered this same tail light setup from USA also. Hope it gets here by friday!

Well i have fitted the LED Edge tail light and very happy with it. Very easy job and looks sooooo much better than the original AG looking plastic crap on the back! :)

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 9 months ago #554

After looks at heaps of photo's of DRZ's with different tails, I finally bought an Acerbis CE tail-light. The tail assembly looks cool, but gets covered by our huge license plates. Just gotta wire everything to the bike and make mounting brackets etc. Had a trial fit tonight (as parts just arrived in the post today).

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 9 months ago #555

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Yep does look good .. Almost as if it was a factory tail light .. Just looking at the pictures it seems as if your back gaurd is sitting up a bit ?? trying to squeeze it in between the sub frame and guard ..Or not ??... How much was it $$$$ ...And where did you order it ??...Also could you please tell me if the lense is sealed properly ..The one i have gets dirt and water in it ... And im not real keen on bying another one that doesnt seal properly ...cheers Just having another look at your photo and i see you have the same blinkers as mine ?? They work ok but dont get them wet or ride in the mud .. as they dont seal very well at all ...Im already looking for some more ... cheers

Re:DRZ Aftermarket Tailight 6 years, 9 months ago #557

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
That acerbis light looks shit hot, I recon that and the DRC edge are the best looking lights I have seen fitted so far.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.34 seconds