you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Muffler fairing heat protection
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Muffler fairing heat protection

Muffler fairing heat protection 7 months ago #5967

• Wool
  • Junior Boarder
Hi i recently bought some new fairings for my 2014 black DRZ. The original fairings are all black except the rear ones which cover the muffler and airbox which are white so i wanted to go all black. I bought the acerbis aftermarket fairings which are a pretty good match except their is no heat insulation on the inside of the muffler fairing. My question is. Do i need this heat protection? Am i going to find out later on that the heat from the muffler is melting my new fairing? I've looked all over town for some self adhesive heat insulative matting or tape but i can't find anything in my home town. Not even from auto stores. Had anyone else thought about this? Thanks.

Re: Muffler fairing heat protection 7 months ago #5970

• Bala
  • Expert Boarder
if its needed or not may depend on your type of riding. if you do only faster riding the airflow will likely keep it cool.

if your sitting in traffic, or doing hard tight trail rides it will likely need it.

Basically suzuki probably put it there after problems occurred with melting plastics.

if you search heat reflective tape you can buy it online, but not really cheap.

There is aluminium reflective tape used for aircon ducting available from hardware stores, bunnings has it on their site. it may do the job.

Re: Muffler fairing heat protection 7 months ago #5971

• Wool
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks mate. I did come across the tape in bunnings but thought it was a bit thin. I will just have to order some off the net
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds