you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first??
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first??

New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 7 months ago #59

• K.Y.
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I recently bought a new DRZ and are curious as to what Mods I should make first? What is best bang for $$?

Thanks!!

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 7 months ago #60

First thing to get is a set of pro taper bars and risers
or at least risers the stock setup is way to low
And shitty to ride

next I would strip it down there is so much crap on the DRZ
I removed the
Tail light setup and replaced with smaller unit (-850g)
tool bag and tools I have a lighter set in my backpack (-920g)
and little things like the front guard reflector bracket , helmet lock, chain guard , and black cover on left hand side near back wheel

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first 8 years, 7 months ago #61

• K.Y.
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks!

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 7 months ago #64

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
take the baffel out and redrill the standard outlet holes from 5mm to 8mm , as good as any after market pipe, and doesnt cost a cent , i did it and compared to a mate of mines , mine goes just as well

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 7 months ago #66

• meachoj
  • Fresh Boarder
get a bash plate and some case savers. i also re routed two( one from each of the tee,s) of the breather hoses from the carb up under the fuel tank. Water crossings can slow you down if you don't. You can run them up under the seat too but keep them away from the air box because they fuck with the air fuel mix. (mine ran rich)

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 5 months ago #254

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
First thing I did was ditch the rear tail light & blinkers (front ones will go soon but are better protected), got rid of the chain guards and fitted some case armour (I bought CFC case savers from the US for about $40 AUD - good exchange rate and cheaper than B&B).

I changed the front sprocket from a 14 to a 15 so it was more friendly on the road - revs less at 100k and I recon it's still good in the bush (rear still 47t).

It came with ballards bar raisers - and even with my short 172cm (5'7") height, stock would have been crap (and I am a lazy sit down trail rider). The bars are TAG (which are alot like Renthal IMO) another great addition as most Jap bikes have crap steel bars standard. Hand guards are the next things, and due to the weight of the bike, don't skimp on these.

I want to replace the headlight, I removed the speedo the other day and there is allot of steel behind that headlight cowl. In the interim, I just made a headlight guard from perspex to prevent roost smashing the glass.

If I wasn't putting cast wheels on the bike I would of left the stock speedo. It's not that heavy (prob 1kg) was easy to read, looked good and had enough features to keep me happy. I just ordered one from danmoto (ebay) for less than $100. I got this one cause it has the turn signal lights etc built in as opposed to the trail tech which didn't (although trail tech has trip times etc)

I would like to replace the header eventually, apparently they are prone to damage when the bike gets hot (and makes the metal soft). The silencer will prob stay - there are not enough HP gains out there to make it worthwhile. If I do change it, it will be something alloy - aiming at saving weight more than gaining HP. My baffle has been removed :-( by the previous owner, so I am going to remove the end cap and wrap some packing around the mesh section and lockwire it on. Apparently this shuts them up a bit.

Other than that, a 2" lowering link is next on the list from the US (I can get a pretty blue annodised one for about $25 US), Front blinkers, bash plate, maybe new graphics / seat cover and some bling later on. Once the Divorse is settled, this may happen :woohoo:

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 5 months ago #264

modify your mind and ride the living shit out of the standard product.
when and only when...... :ohmy:
it begins to break, then modify what breaks first.... :blush:
and about then you will know where you need to go. :laugh:
but if you NEED to re arrange the ergos,then thats different. :)

Re:New DRZ - What Mods Do you suggest I make first?? 8 years, 5 months ago #271

Modify your mind?
have another toke dakdakdave
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds