you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Chain guard qu
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Chain guard qu

Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5702

• Gezza
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi guys. Trying to get my 400e thru rego here in Canberra. The rego guys reckon there's a section of chain guard missing, but as far as I can see from online images, there's only one section of chain guard on the swingers - is this correct? The section that sits over the back half of it. Ie, the front half of swingarm/chain is open.

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5704

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
They're not talking about the one at the bottom of the swingarm, right at the back near the sprocket or maybe the front sprocket cover? I can't see a photo so just guessing.

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5705

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
or the vertical bit of plastic mounted to the sub-frame? Not sure it's a chain guard but I know mine had one which was replaced with an aluminium one.

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5706

• Gezza
  • Fresh Boarder
Hmmm. Plastic upright section.....can't see that on the online parts fiche. But did spot something else - the rear footpeg mount comes with a section going rearwards that's clearly designed to protect trouser legs going into the chain. So I suspect that's it. So I either buy one of those and mount it (without peg) or fabricate something else. Bummer!

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5707

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
If you're talking about pillion pegs, mine is an e model so doesn't have them but the part I'm talking about does mount vertically near where I'd imagine pillion pegs would mount. Mine just has a small bolt top and bottom. The bike was set up for trail-riding and the plastic one was big and flappy so the previous owner ditched it in favour of a rigid home fabricated aluminium one. I can post a pic if you care that much and if I can work out how to do it.

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5708

• Gezza
  • Fresh Boarder
'Adapted' a plastic chain guard off an old trailie to cover most of the exposed chain length....should be functional enough to pass the rego inspectors. Touchwood!

Does look funny tho - two plakky chain guards, all in a row.

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5709

• Gezza
  • Fresh Boarder
Next is to instal resistors for the LED lights.......any tips??

Re: Chain guard qu 7 months, 1 week ago #5710

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
Gezza wrote:
Next is to instal resistors for the LED lights.......any tips??

Is there a requirement to flash at a certain rate? Mine flash really fast too and have wondered what the go is legally, whether I should install resistors or just not bothered. Interested to see the responses here.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds