you are here:

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wiring for easy battery charging?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Wiring for easy battery charging?

Wiring for easy battery charging? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #5510

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
If your bike sits there for long enough the battery goes dead. Pulling side covers off is the last thing you feel like doing sometimes so having somewhere easily accessible to connect a charger to would be very handy.

I haven't done this to my bike yet but am considering it. Something as simple as an extra wire dangling off the positive terminal, so long as it can't reach anything it might short on, would work. An insulated "post" somewhere would be more secure, simply attach positive side to it and attach earth to frame somewhere convenient.

If you have done this to your bike, what have you done? Does it work well or could you have done it better?

Re: Wiring for easy battery charging? 11 months, 2 weeks ago #5511

• CJ
  • Expert Boarder
Decided to search for this on the net to see what came up and it seems there are plenty of cheap, neat off the shelf solutions out there. No need to bother with a response to my question, the answers are out there.

Re: Wiring for easy battery charging? 5 months, 2 weeks ago #5718

• Wool
  • Junior Boarder
I bought a trickle charger that came with alligator clips and also a connection for hardwiring. So i hardwired that in and left the connection side just poking out from battery under the rear fender which has a dust cap. When i wanna charge i just flip the dust cap and plug her into my charger. I can email you a photo if you like as it wont upload on here

Re: Wiring for easy battery charging? 5 months, 2 weeks ago #5747

• merretta
  • Administrator
Hi Wool, welcome to the site. If you flick me the photos I will add them to your post.

Thanks
Admin
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: Wiring for easy battery charging? 5 months, 2 weeks ago #5749

• Wool
  • Junior Boarder
Thanks ill take some photos tonight

Re: Wiring for easy battery charging? 4 months, 2 weeks ago #5871

• Andy1969
  • Fresh Boarder
I have an Oxford Optimate permanent charging cable on mine, just plug it direct to the trickle charger it works perfectly, even has a rubber cover to keep the crud out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds