You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Motard Conversion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.

TOPIC: Motard Conversion

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2168

i got the 17 front and 18 rear, just seems like a lot of work for the same result. so you made the rim closer to the sprocket side of the swing arm? that would add to the rubbing wouldnt it?

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2169

• Good
  • Expert Boarder

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2173

heres mine i got my tires today

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2174

i have a 150 tire on the back and a 120 on the front....i have a 18mm spacer on the left on the front atm but need to put in the 20mm, to get the front wheel in the middle and give some more clearence for the disc bolts...

the rear i only machined the sprocket carrier flush with the bearing and wheel sits perfect in the centre of the swingarm...rear spacer is 3mm on the left and think 17 or something on disc side....the rear disc is off i think a nsr150 its 220dia and i just had to grind out the centre hole a few mm to fit the wheel...

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2177

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
orangeute338 - I must admit, seeing your setup for the rear now, I probably would have done the same (heindsight eh). I am still happy with my setup, and I know with some fine tuning I will be able to easilly get rid of the rubbing issue with the chain.

Whats interesting is the NSR rear disc, I trawled ebay for ages trying to find one with the same hole pattern and the required 220mm outside dia. Will be looking into that one further, thanks.

I noticed you have one bad arse fat front tyre - what size is that beast, I have a fair bit more clearance to the fork legs than that, but it looks nice n sticky.

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2178

yeah, i just tried to do as little as possible. i just worked from the sprocket side to get that in the right position then hoped i could work out something with the disc...i machined the rgv disc and bolted the drz disc to it but the bolts hit on the caliper...so i just decided to get a disc wack it on and hope for the best and when i spread the caliper and put the wheel on it was dead in the centre...the disc i got was just from the wreckers and it had nsr150 on it but i looked up the specs of the nsr on ebay and its not the same...so maybe just try get a disc that suits from the wreckers...the centre was slighly smaller but j ust die grinded it out...

the front tires is 120-80-17 and rear is 150-70-18

i rode it to work today and went all sweet...i got a 46t on the rear and it feels pretty much same think stock its 44t, i might look into a smaller at some stage...and i need to get a speedo cos i didnt bother with that at the time...

i put the 20mm spacer in the front so wheel is more centre...maybe could make it 22mm even, but its all good for now...

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2179

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
i wish , need the $$$$$ for the rims,,

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2180

• Good
  • Expert Boarder
The finished product (more or less)
Attachments:

Re:Motard Conversion 6 years, 3 months ago #2181

looks the goods, tiny front disc tho;)....the rim colour looks good. when i got my rims they were fluro orange and blue, i have always wanted white wheels but they get so dirt so easy...prob paint frame colour in the future maybe...

Re: Motard Conversion 5 years, 8 months ago #2719

Hey guys.
Just picked up some MC19 CBR250R 3 Spoke Wheels.... In the process of 'tarding the DRZ..
Quick question.... Any idea where i can get a Ear Axle to fit? I have the front axle that came with the wheels... But not the rear.
Also im after the Snail Cam Chain Adjusters. Phone a few wreckers but can't seem to find any.

Thanks

Re: Motard Conversion 5 years, 7 months ago #2774

i got mine up forsale if anyone is interested

dont use cbr wheels they are to skinny

Re: Motard Conversion 5 years, 7 months ago #2775

I have some mates with DRZ's. How much are you chasing for them?

Re: Motard Conversion 5 years, 7 months ago #2776

• KHB
  • Senior Boarder
orangeute338 wrote:

I'm interested as to why u say don't use cbr rims?? I used to have a set of them and now have rgv rims. Only diff I have noticed so far is rgv are quicker to fit

Re:Motard Conversion 5 years, 7 months ago #2777

• KHB
  • Senior Boarder
orangeute338 wrote:
heres mine i got my tires today

Hey mate. Does your whole brake pad fit over front disc? I ask because the set I just bought don't. And am wondering if it's how it is or I just need to make a new adaptor plate.

Cheers

Re: Motard Conversion 5 years, 7 months ago #2778

KHB wrote:
orangeute338 wrote:

I'm interested as to why u say don't use cbr rims?? I used to have a set of them and now have rgv rims. Only diff I have noticed so far is rgv are quicker to fit
I just said they are skinny compared to the rgv think cbr is a inch less front and back.

Not sure about brake I'm pretty sure there is full contact with the rotor. Maybe just play with the caliper spacer size. Wheels are as good as sold had em on gumtree for 800
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds