you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

MRD SSW Full Exhaust
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: MRD SSW Full Exhaust

MRD SSW Full Exhaust 2 years, 9 months ago #4949

• Hendo
  • Junior Boarder
Hoping I can get some aussie feedback - been trawling US forums like thumpertalk, but can't seem to get good insight. Thinking of buying an MRD SSW full system for my DRZ400E. Main concern is noise - you know, becoming "that guy" or a magnet for the po-po. Is this system really heaps louder than other aftermarket systems like the yoshi Rs-3 or other common pipes? The performance gains have got me super keen on the MRD SSW, but I develop doubts at the thought of it becoming obnoxious.

Our stock aussie "E" would definitely be louder than the USA. "S" & "SM", so when the Americans say "it's SO much louder", I tend to get a wee bit sceptical.

Any thoughts / experiences?

Re: MRD SSW Full Exhaust 2 years, 9 months ago #4956

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Have a look on you tube and listen to one ? . An after market header pipe wont give you any extra power at all , the standard header is about as big as they get (save your money) . personally I would get an FMF Q4 , made a noticeable difference to my bike . And isn't to loud ..

Re: MRD SSW Full Exhaust 2 years, 9 months ago #4957

• Hendo
  • Junior Boarder
wayno wrote:
Have a look on you tube and listen to one ? . An after market header pipe wont give you any extra power at all , the standard header is about as big as they get (save your money) . personally I would get an FMF Q4 , made a noticeable difference to my bike . And isn't to loud ..

Thanks wayno. Yeah, I've done the youtube thing plenty of times, just hard to get a gauge on the genuine loudness from video. Good to hear that you've had a good experience with the FMF Q4 - will factor it in as an option.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds