You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket

Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 3 years, 1 month ago #4851

• pjdave
  • Fresh Boarder
I had a 14 front sprocket on with a rear 47 and the bike revved out to soon, I have now changed up to a 15 but now cant get the case guard/ spacer that holds the sprocket cover to fit back on.

Question: Are there different case guards for different sprockets? mine has 14 stamped in it

Cheers PJ

Re: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 3 years, 1 month ago #4853

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
All E models come with the same one of course , im pretty sure the motard comes with a 15 tooth front sprocket as standard so you could try getting one of a motard ? or grind it down like most people do ...

Re: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 3 years, 1 month ago #4856

• tryr
  • Fresh Boarder
Get the B&B case saver with sprocket guard. Its $68 on ebay.

Yes it takes the 15 T front sprocket which makes a world of difference on this bike.
The stock gearing is too low.

Re: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 3 years, 1 month ago #4863

• pjdave
  • Fresh Boarder
Cheers, Even though my bike is highly modified, I would like to keep the stock sprocket cover. The bike had a 15 on it when I got it, but I couldnt find what was used behind the cover when I went to put it back on.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Owl

Re: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 2 years, 9 months ago #5257

So going from 14 to 15 gave you more top end/top speed? How did it affect acceleration?

Re: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 2 years, 9 months ago #5258

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
Bloody hell. You weren't joking about it being highly modified, I'd never recognize that as a DRZ if I saw it on the street.
I think you should get the B&B case saver, they look pretty retro with the holes in them and would suit the bike.
I'm doing something similar with my XR400sm at the moment. (Much lighter and oil cooled). Did you make the seat yourself?

The 15/47 will be the same as a 14/44 combination. You probably wouldn't notice the change in acceleration, only on technical trails you won't be able to ride as slow without riding the clutch and top speed will be about 135/145kph depending how accurate your speedo is.
If you do any slow technical trails and hill climbing I definitely would not go any lower than that.

I have a 14/41 at the moment and I have to ride the clutch constantly on local trails and climbing hills is a pita so I'll be changing asap. Riding on the road with this combo is fine and still has really good acceleration, can sit comfortably at 100kph and has a top speed of 155kph.

Re: Changing from 14 to 15 sprocket 2 years, 9 months ago #5263

• Tahcam
  • Senior Boarder
i just changed mine from 14 to 15 , ground the standard cover back 5mm...job done
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds