You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRZ400e not starting. Crashing noises
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ400e not starting. Crashing noises

DRZ400e not starting. Crashing noises 3 years, 5 months ago #4622

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
Hi everyone.
I bought my first DRZ400 last weekend.
Apart from a dying battery and dirty carb that wouldn't idle. It ran excellent and was dead even with my mates WR400 on the way home.

Ran it to a festival the next morning where I stayed overnight, next morning started straight away with choke on. Keep it running using throttle for about 30 seconds or so then shut off choke and accidentally let it stall. From then on I haven't been able to start it again. Tried roll starting, jump starting, tow starting. Nothing would get it going.

Cleaned out the carb that had a pretty much completely blocked jet but otherwise clean. Valve clearances are all within spec.

All I could get it to do is either backfire or sort of run while the starter was down. Now It also seems to make a loud clanking when it stalls/wants to backfire but I'm not sure if I'm just noticing it now.

Any help? I'm completely unfamiliar with dirt bikes and DRZeds.

Re: DRZ400e not starting. Crashing noises 3 years, 5 months ago #4624

• Tristan
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Mate, not sure why your drz doesn't start, apart from checking your spark plug (you've clearly already done that though). I just wanted to mention that mine makes that really horrible noise when it stalls too, and apart from sounding bad it doesn't appear to be related to any issue.

Re: DRZ400e not starting. Crashing noises 3 years, 5 months ago #4630

• Owl
  • Senior Boarder
Found the problem. Bolts from the starter gear came loose then took out the stator and did some damage to the flywheel too.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds