You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences?

E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences? 4 years, 5 months ago #4149

• Danny400
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys. I've just bought a '11 drz400e and have been looking at getting a few bits for the bike from the states, But over there its seems it's either DRZ400S or SM model bikes. As we have the E model bikes, I just wanted to know how much of a difference between mostly the E and S models(SM's are a quiet different i believe) there is for exhausts and parts, mostly after market stuff.

Cheers Guys, Dan

Re: E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences? 4 years, 5 months ago #4151

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Dan, there are differences indeed - IE slip on YOSHI exhusts for a 400S wont fit an 400E
A great source of entire parts listings ( and retail prices) is this site
www.boltonmotorcycles.com/find/unit/10510
You can flick between the models E/S/SM to see if they have the same part numbers - if they do they fit all models. As for the after market stuff you just need to make sure you contact them to make sure its suitable for a AUSSIE 400 E
hope it helps
Cheers
Stricko
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences? 4 years, 5 months ago #4153

• Danny400
  • Fresh Boarder
Just had a look on that link Stricko, and when you put in 2011 and look for the 'E' model the only one that comes up as the drz400 is the 'S' and 'SM' model. seems to be a common theme with all the overseas web sites. Closest 'E' model I can compare to is a '09. You don't happen to know if there is a difference in the bikes between 09-11? Have emailed a few sites like thumper talk and get no reply. Just don't want to buy things that don't fit. been caught out before. Cheers for the Help though bud. Looks like you have the set up right!

Re: E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences? 4 years, 5 months ago #4154

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
The DRZ E model hasnt changed ( except for graphics and seat colours) since approx 2006- and they havent made any changes since 09 - so when you buy a DRZ400E in 2014 you will see it is still a DRZ400EK09
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: E/ S/ SM DRZ400 differences? 4 years, 5 months ago #4178

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
As Stricko said the Australian E model is different to the USA E model , i didnt think the Australian E model had changed at all since about 2002 ? . I do know that only the wheels , and maybe one or two other parts from an SM will fit an E model , just about everything is different . I try and buy from USA shops or companys selling on Australian e-bay , haven't had a problem so far .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds