You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat

DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4104

Has anyone used or is using the DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat??? I am thinking about getting one, can be found here
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4106

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Hey mate, Ive had a few mates use them in the past. And Ive riden one of their bikes with it on.
So firstly are you only looking at it for the height ?
They are not overly comfortable for any long periods of riding.
Dont leave it parked in the sun for any time, they heat up and stay hot for ages :(
lowring links are probably a better option for height issues, or go for a seat concepts seat if you want a lower seat that is comfortable ( and order the soft one )
Cheers
Stricko
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4108

Thanks for the reply Bake. I was looking at it for comfort, because if I do a ride into Mackay from my house (66km) I have to stop a minimum of three times, as my ass getting that sore and on the way home I have to stop at least 5 times. I have had enough of it so, thanks for the advise and I will look into buying one through Seat Concepts.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4110

I received an email back from Seat Concepts and they told me about a place in Australia that sell their seats. If you or anyone is interested I will add the web site Adventure Moto

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4119

• terryk
  • Fresh Boarder
This post has prompted me to finish a posting I started over two years ago that might help with this wider seat options?.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4120

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
A couple of mates use bicycle pants (lycra ones with padding) under there motorcycle pants , and say they work really well . I tend to stand up when i get the chance , even at 100 klm if its not to windy . I get some strange looks but i dont care , the wider seat looks to be the way to go ...

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4121

Thanks for the replies. I have tried padded bike pants but, I still get very sore. I ordered a Seat Concepts seat through an Aussie company (Adventure Moto) and that was over a week ago now and still no seat or email telling me of any delays. I sent a couple of emails off to them and FINALLY heard back from them saying they had to order one in from America. I knew I should have ordered directly from Seat Concepts.

Do yourself a favour NEVER buy items through Adventure Moto

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4124

I ordered a seat from Seat Concepts in America yesterday and I received an email from them this afternoon saying it has shipped. Talk about fast service and after the exchange rate of converting AUD to USD it was $30 cheaper than Adventure Moto and $10 cheaper than Australian Cumfy Motorcycle Seats. I guess it does pay to go directly to the original source.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 10 months ago #4131

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Ray.Jay1971 I'd be keen to know what you think about the new seat as I'm getting off the bike like a stunt man for Brokeback Mountain, not a preety site.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 9 months ago #4136

G'day midrz, I only put it on my bike Monday and went for my first ride with the new seat yesterday. First of all when riding into Mackay from where I live is about 65km, I would have to stop at least once however; on the return trip I stop no less than 3 times. Now with this new seat I made into Mackay without stopping and stopped once on the way back, and that was only because I needed fuel.

I would recommend this seat to anyone, I would also recommend buying it directly from Seat Concepts, the only slow part of the procedure was, once it arrived in Australia, it took 7 days to get to me.

I hope this was helpful for you. Also, I bought a complete seat with an aftermarket pan so, I still have my old seat as an emergency back up.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 9 months ago #4137

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Glad it all worked out for you mate ! As I said earlier everyone I know who has put a seat concepts on their DRZ loves it :) happy riding
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 9 months ago #4138

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Sounds good Ray.Jay looks like the way to go. I thank you & my freckle thanks you too.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 9 months ago #4139

Cheers Blake and thanks for the tip about Seat Concepts.

Your welcome midrz, oh and by the why I got the Carbon Fibre look. I'll add a couple of pictures later on today.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 9 months ago #4140

My new Seat Concepts seat ...AWESOME.

Re: DR-Z400E Low Gel Seat 3 years, 9 months ago #4141

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Looks the goods Ray.Jay a great pickup. I took my bike out to Wombat State Forest this morning for bit of a blast & great to see another few DRZs running free in their natural enviroment.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds