you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it?

DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4080

• FatBiker
  • Fresh Boarder
I just purchased a nearly mint 2006 DRZ400E which is stock. Is it worth jetting and upgrading the exhaust pipe? Whoever has done this, what kind of power gains have you seen? Is the extra power noticeable? Thanks!

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4081

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
After i fitted an FMF exhaust on mine i did notice a bit of difference in power , if you get one from the USA at around $400 i would say its worth the little extra power and to lose a little weight of the bike , about three months later i bought the FMF header pipe to match it and didnt notice any difference at all . The standard header is very close to being the same size . rejetting as well as a pipe will give you more power , not a lot but you will notice it. Getting my suspension set up properly allowed me to go a lot faster and safer threw the bush than any pipe or rejetting ever did ? cheers ..

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4082

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
What jetting do you run Wayno?

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4083

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
I bought the bike with 500 klm on it and the guys story was , it had been done at the shop when they derestricted the bike . So to be honest i have never looked , sorry cant help you there .

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4084

• FatBiker
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks for the info Wayno...I really appreciate it.

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4087

Bog stock my 2010 E made 33 hp on the dyno. To be honest it felt flat as a fart.

Remove airbox lid, get rid of screwed in plug over exhaust spark arrestor, K and N air filter, much better power , 160 main jet, change of needle. Much better just over 36 hp. Still running rich. Night and day change , much better.

Add Yoshi full system, 38 hp ,all at top end. Noticeably more lively at higher revs. A/F ratio spot on, idles much better.

Totally worth it to me but each to their own
The following user(s) said Thank You: FatBiker

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 2 months ago #4097

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
I found the standard muffler baffle made a weird noise. I tried drilling 4 by 6 mm holes in it as per Thumper talk forums suggestion. It was slightly better.

Without the baffle it is way too loud.

I had tried the B&B and Ballards baffle replacements on my XR Hondas. They were too noisy. So I added a perforated tube to the B&B which made it quieter. They claim 2 HP increase. ( $100?)

I tried a Mc Performance baffle in my bike but it was too loud for my comfort. I did the perforated tube thing agian and I am happy to keep using this until th estandard muffler fails. ( $150)

If I was to go for a slip on muffler I would use a FMF Q4 model.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FatBiker

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 1 month ago #4103

• FatBiker
  • Fresh Boarder
Wayno, did you set up the suspension yourself? Did you get the details on-line? tks.

Re: DRZ400E Jetting & Exhaust Upgrade. Is it worth it? 4 years, 1 month ago #4112

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry for the late reply , i took my bike into (Chads of road set ups) here in geelong . As i didnt need springs at all , the service and setting it up was $300 . As i mentioned before , it was the best thing i ever did to the bike . It stays a lot striaghter threw the bush and is more pradictable ...
  • Page:
Time to create page: 2.23 seconds