You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tyres
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tyres

Tyres 8 years, 7 months ago #4

• Andrew
  • Administrator
What tyres are you running on your DRZ? I use mine everyday to work and back but I want a decent dirt tyre on the weekends.

Andrew

Re: Tyres 8 years, 6 months ago #14

• hmm1966
  • Fresh Boarder
Dunlop D606 front and rear they are good alround for on or off road and long lasting. If you are mainly offroad Michelin ac10 are great and still legal for on road but i Only ever used them to traverse 15 kms to gon road to get to forestry trails. They are not as long lasting as Dunlops

Re:Tyres 8 years, 6 months ago #15

Michelin ac10 on rear and michelin s12 on front. s12 not road legal but a good tyre for sand.
Ariel mcc

Re:Tyres 8 years, 2 months ago #235

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
I am currently running a Dunlop D732 on the rear, and Michelin AC 10 on the front. The Dunlop would probably be ok in dry conditions, but it is rubbish in the mud. It struggles to bite in, and equally struggles to displace mud.

I am planning to try a few different styles of tyres next, but will inevitably end up with a stoneking. The guys I ride with rate them, and they are great in the mud when dropped down to 8 PSI - they have very strong sidewalls and the guys have had next to no issues with puntures.

The Michelin AC 10 is a long lasting tyre IMO, It maintains it's knob shape but I find it a bit skatey on harder packed surfaces, and although it is road legal, they are very rough on the road.

I used to run Carlsbad's on the KDX and they were an ok tyre, the front used to wash away a bit, but I have been told that is more a trait of the KDX, rather than the tyre. They last pretty well, but are more an alrounder tyre for different conditions I guess - jack of all trades master of none.

The tyre I am going to try next is a KDF, they are on ebay for around $60 including postage - worth a crack at that price. :blink:

Re:Tyres 8 years, 2 months ago #236

• TC
  • Senior Boarder
I'm still on the stock tyres fitted new, 5000klm on! I probably have another 500+ on the rear, and the front is as new. 90%road 10%dirt
I'm stunned how long they last as I would only get 2500-3000klm to a set ($700)on my old road bike (Honda Hornet 919).

I think I will be going to Dunlop D606 next, heard nothing but good on them.

Re:Tyres 8 years ago #476

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
I just changed my DOTs to Pirrelli scorpion MXer's. Excellent tyre for off road. Running soft/med on front and med/hard on rear. Rear tyre is DOT legal, front - not so much.
Got them on special at Canberra Motorcyle centre 220 for both fitted.
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Tyres 8 years ago #588

• Dano
  • Expert Boarder
I might add a photo as I'm pretty impressed with the pirelli's

Check out the MX scorpions, nice tyre

IMGP0457.jpg
Dan
09 Doctor

Re:Tyres 5 years, 11 months ago #3218

TC wrote:
I'm still on the stock tyres fitted new, 5000klm on! I probably have another 500+ on the rear, and the front is as new. 90%road 10%dirt
I'm stunned how long they last as I would only get 2500-3000klm to a set ($700)on my old road bike (Honda Hornet 919).

I think I will be going to Dunlop D606 next, heard nothing but good on them.

i was just looking at the D605's they seem to have less gap so shouldnt that be heaps better on road?

i am in major need of a rear tyre price not an option 90%road 10% dirt
90% of my paycheck goes towards dirt bikes (the rest is just wasted).

Re:Tyres 5 years, 11 months ago #3219

• Roge
  • Expert Boarder
  • What to ride today?
If there is a 50/50 chance of gettingb the right answer how come there is a 90% chance of getting it wrong

Re: Tyres 5 years, 10 months ago #3244

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
Michelin Starcross HP4 front and Mitas E09 rear. Good alround combo.

I rode in deep sand with luggage and 24psi in the tyres last weekend. Not fantastic but I controlled it OK.

Mitas E09 front is crap in sand: warning
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.36 seconds