you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Big Gun Exhaust
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Big Gun Exhaust

Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3944

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
Anyone got one of these?

www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-Drz400e-Drz-400e-Big-Gun-Exhaust-Evo-R-Full-Pipe-Muffler-System-/231069554467?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ccd19723

Tossing up between this and a FMF system. This is cheaper and I'm a tight arse so straight away, i'm interested.

I'd be keen to hear any opinions.

Cheers.

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3946

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
Hey I've got the FMF from these guys, good price (less than the 1 you are looking at) and they ship straight away, I've bought 4 FMF systems from them over the last 18 months and all arrived within 10 days and no probs!

I have found the FMF system to be good with no probs with fitting etc.

Look here

www.ebay.com.au/itm/FMF-FULL-EXHAUST-POWERCORE-4-AND-POWERBOMB-HEAD-SUZUKI-DRZ400E-DRZ-400-E-DRZ400-/281188763015?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4178280587
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ando

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3951

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
Ando, that is exactly what I've got !

Would I buy another one ??? NO WAY !!

Good points - price, looks and does add a tad performance (through feel, never had on Dyno though...)

Bad points - VERY LOUD ! comes with a 98db quiet core insert that does absolutely bugger all. 98db.... probably from 2km away LOL ! I'm a boiler maker and ended up making my own, yep it is that bloody loud !
- The fitting was just as bad, I had to make my own spacer where the exhaust bolts to the rear subframe to gain clearance from the back wheel.Mid mounting point made the neighbours hear swear words that they probably hadn't heard before LOL and finally ( after losing 3 litres of sweat mounting the thing ) when it was time to bolt the heat shield up to the welded on mounting points..... well... I'll just say they were not even close to matching the holes in the heat shield .... I ended up using one mount and a piece of flat about 10mm long to pick up the other hole..

This was bought brand new as a complete kit from the states for an E model. Not sure if anyone else has had this experience with a "simply bolt on" Big Gun kit, but I will never ever buy another one !

In summing up........... buy the FMF ! I wish I did.

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3952

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
Cheers for the input fellas.
Owey, I take it by the fact that you have bought 4 FMF pipes that you are a fan. I have had FMF pipes before on 2T MX bikes and they were good. Certainly no complaints anyway.
My400e thanks for the warning. My luck would be that I would get a pipe that would be a nightmare to fit as well. Also, as I ride my bike just on the road, the last thing I need is any heat for a pipe that is too loud. I struggle keeping out of trouble as it is.
Anyone got a MRD / SSW system. ThumperTalk users rave about them but apparently they are loud too. In the youtube posts that I have seen, they don’t sound too bad.

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3955

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
+ one for the FMF , and i wouldn't bother with the power bomb header pipe , it does nothing except cost you money . The standard header pipe is fine ..

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3960

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
Gonna order the FMF pipe next week. Would love the header for the bling factor, but I don't wanna throw money away. I'll just put it towards the JE piston big bore kit with cams which will be added early next year.
www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-DRZ400-434-Hotcams-Cams-Big-Bore-Cylinder-JE-Piston-Gasket-Kit-Combo-/221306803425?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3386e9d4e1

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3962

• my400e
  • Senior Boarder
As a Big Gun full system owner, I say good choice Ando LOL !

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 8 months ago #3967

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
FMF Powercore 4 purchased. And now I wait......

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 4 years, 7 months ago #4004

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
Just mounted the new pipe. Only 2.5 weeks from the US isn't bad either.
Pretty loud at idle compared with the stock one. Didn't really give it any as I just put the kids to bed and they'd use any excuse to get up.
Just gotta make a bracket to mount the heat shield and I'm done.
Looks pretty.

photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

Re: Big Gun Exhaust 3 years, 11 months ago #4332

• Ripper
  • Fresh Boarder
what plastics are the ones you have!? can i have a link (: cheers bru
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.35 seconds