You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4?

Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4? 5 years, 4 months ago #3605

• Wasca
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Guys

I'm a new DR-Z400e owner and I'm tossing up between a Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4 slip-on exhaust or even full system for either.

Would love to hear the members pro/cons of each brand.

Thanks

Wasca

Re: Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4? 5 years, 4 months ago #3606

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
Hi and welcome,

I have the FMF P4 and the header pipe. this is louder than the original (only slightly) but has a good note and seems to let the bike breath a little easier. Found that the bike seemed to rev a bit smoother too. I got mine through ebay, paid about $415 + $65 postage for the whole thing, and was delivered within 2 weeks. for value for money I could not go past this. While the dollar is still high jump in. was worth it. Only other major mod I would HIGHLY recommend would be suspension. Plus all the minor stuff, bash plate, case savers, frame savers, +1in gear leaver, smaller tail light + indicators, bar risers + bars. hope this helps

Re: Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4? 5 years, 4 months ago #3607

• Airhead
  • Junior Boarder
I bought bike already fitted with fmf q4 with power bomb header, previous owner said it was quiter than original. To me the bike has plenty of power however much plenty is, and it sounds good. After riding my mates new husky 511 fuel imjected weapon, and another mates ktm 530, I feel my drz with wull tank 22litre compared to their 8, and other weight savimgs im not miss too much, althought the difference is noticable but atleast drz.s dont need to be serviced every 10hrs.

Re: Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4? 5 years, 4 months ago #3625

Get the Q4 if noise is a worry for you , if noise not such an issue and you are planning a big bore go with the RS-3. Have the RS 3 and I don't find the noise too bad...saying that I grew up riding loud bikes ...

Re: Yoshimura RS-3 or FMF Q4? 5 years, 4 months ago #3626

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
The standard header pipe is the same size as most after market header pipes that i know of , yet to see one bigger. So as far as performence goes there really not worth the bucks $$$ . If you want 'bling' buy an after market one .
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds