you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tail light tail tidy
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tail light tail tidy

Tail light tail tidy 5 years, 3 months ago #3357

• DRZ2011
  • Senior Boarder
I just added a bit of extra guard to my DRC Edge tail light to try and make it a bit less conspicuous/illegal

Cut down an eBay $38 GSX1000 ABS tail tidy and fitted a self adhesive reflector.
Attachments:
Do I really have to go to work on Monday

Re: Tail light tail tidy 5 years, 3 months ago #3391

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
What do you get stung by the cops for having a tail tidy like the edge 2??

I had mine on when I got the rego done and it passed roadworthy at a bike shop without a drama. I even hit them up about the legalities and was told that as long as I had lights and indicators in all the right places I'd be ok.

I'd be spewin if I copped a fine after being told otherwise.

Re: Tail light tail tidy 5 years, 3 months ago #3392

• DRZ2011
  • Senior Boarder
The cops will definitely ping you for no reflector and it has to come down a bit. I've been told the bottom of the gaurd is supposed to be at least as low as a line drawn 45% from the axle up. That looks about right when you compare it to stock guards on a lot of bikes. I still don't think mine would comply but it's a little less conspicuous. I'd be happy to listen to anyone who has the law in writing to set me straight if its different.
Do I really have to go to work on Monday

Re: Tail light tail tidy 5 years, 3 months ago #3393

• Ando
  • Expert Boarder
Bastards. Wonder how much the fine is??

I would have thought that this would affect roadworthy too. Maybe the place I went to was just pretty flex.

I seem to recall trying to find info regarding this in ADRs before I took it in for its check, but I didn't find anything.

You see that many dirt bikes getting around with the number plate bolted to the rear fender just under the brake/tail light so I'm guessing that cops aren't too red hot on it - at least in Townsville.

Re: Tail light tail tidy 4 years, 5 months ago #3922

I have a Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit fitted to my 2013 DR-Z400E and I the coppers in queensland have said nothing to me.
n00b rider but, keen as mustard to learn more :thumbs:
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.24 seconds