You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Athena big bore kit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Athena big bore kit

Athena big bore kit 5 years, 10 months ago #3123

• damosgem
  • Senior Boarder
Hi I'm thinking about fitting a Athena big bore kit with hot cams .has anyone fitted one and was the power differance noticible.

Re: Athena big bore kit 5 years, 10 months ago #3126

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
I am also looking at the same thing, have not seen any bikes with that done but have heard good results.

Re: Athena big bore kit 5 years, 10 months ago #3128

I am thinking of the big bore kit, but not sure on the cams. A lot of the cams aimed at the US market are to replace the tame SM or S cams. The E cams are quite agressive, I don't think the stage 1 hot cams are really an upgrade for an E.

Re: Athena big bore kit 5 years, 10 months ago #3154

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
I used an Athena big bore kit in my WRF. Don't go too big though <10% is fine. Usually you get a bit more mid range.

Re: Athena big bore kit 5 years, 10 months ago #3215

• Toally
  • Fresh Boarder
i have an 2007 DRZ400E, and have stage 1 inlet and exhaust HOT cams! and i re shimmed the valves with certified hot cam shims.. it improves throttle response through the whole rev range iv found and its very noticeable!

the OEM Valve clearence specs are as follows in metric mesurments:
(this is critcal when installing these hot camshafts)
INTAKE 0.10MM +- 0.20MM (give or take)
EXHAUST 0.20MM +- 0.30MM (give or take)

Re: Athena big bore kit 5 years, 10 months ago #3217

In this chart the first hot cams are stage one. The Suzuki A/B is the E cams. The stage 1 inlet hot cam is a little bit bigger than the Suzuki E model inlet, but the Suzuki E model exhaust is bigger than the stage 1 hot cams exhaust.

I am pretty sure that's why Phil Tainton usually only changes the inlet cam, as per Trev's bike;
www.mcnews.com.au/MotorcycleRacing2004/Australian/Supermoto/Intro/Introduction.htm

Re: Athena big bore kit 5 years, 9 months ago #3224

+1 big bore only
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds