You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights

DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3055

• Snake71
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello all,
My name is Jason and I am from Campbelltown NSW. I am making a few mods to my 2011 400E.
I have wired, as per diagram a new DRC Edge taillight and now dont have brake lights. Taillight is fitted to subframe as per diagram.
Brake lights were working fine prior to this.
Any help would greatly appreciated.
I have searched these forums and it seems,all that have fitted these tail lights have not had any issues.
Thanks
Jason

Re: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3056

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Jason , perhaps try swapping the wires about and check that there all connected properly . From memory when i put mine on i had a tail light at first , but no brake light , then just swapped the wires about untill it all worked .. cheers ..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Snake71

Re: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3057

wayno wrote:
Hi Jason , perhaps try swapping the wires about and check that there all connected properly . From memory when i put mine on i had a tail light at first , but no brake light , then just swapped the wires about untill it all worked .. cheers ..

Wayno is right - led's have to be wired correctly (+ to +, - to -). If the wires are the wrong way round they don't work (but as far as I know no damage is done).

Re: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3058

As long as your not putting massive voltages or currents through the diodes they should be fine (the DRZ wiring harness doesnt put out massive amperage or voltage), and bLINDfREDDY is correct, LED's are polarity sensitive so swap the wires around and you should be fine, better if you use a multimeter or test lamps to find ground, brake and tail light wires first though (you can use an 12v globe and touch the wires to the terminals on the light to check cables, im a sparky and thats the way I did it when I added my LED tail light set up).

Re: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3059

• Snake71
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
Thanks for the tips.
Have tried swapping wires around etc. if I have all 3 wires connected both brake and tail light are on together. If I connect just the taillight and ground, taillight only.
Spoke to my local bike mechanic and he advised using a test light from the negative on the battery and find the taillight, then the brake light which should turn the test light on/off as the brake lever was activated. Both wires had the test light stay on regardless of the brake lever being activated. From the positive on the battery to the last remaining wire, lights up telling me this should be the ground.
Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated
Hope to spend some more time trying to sort this out through the week.

Re: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3060

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
sounds to me the light itself might be faulty mate.

Re: DRC Edge taillight now no Stop lights 5 years, 11 months ago #3064

• Snake71
  • Fresh Boarder
Feel pretty stupid, after a lot of mucking around found that the rear brake light switch was stuck on

Thanks to everyone for your help

Cheers
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.39 seconds