You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cheapest place for new rims?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cheapest place for new rims?

Cheapest place for new rims? 6 years ago #2964

• gombul
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm planning on running a second set of rims with disks, smaller rear sprocket and dual purpose tyres (maybe Kenda K270) as a poor mans quick commutable conversion (I realise it won't be a supermoto, but that's not the objective). I just want to be able to change wheels in 5mins - using same chain too (so rear sprocket can't be too small).

Can anyone suggest a cheap place to find rims that will fit?
These are only $500, but do they fit a DRZ.... It only mentions RMX. Has anyone tried?
www.torpedo7.com.au/products/T7WHSN0MX/title/torpedo7-mx---enduro-cnc-wheel-set

Re: Cheapest place for new rims? 6 years ago #2968

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Im almost sure those rims wont fit the drz, most after market wheels wont have a speedo drive so keep that in mind . The excel hubbs have a speedo drive .When i was looking i found that most companys will only sell there wheel sets to shops ? , Try Ballards im sure they will have them but you will pay a bit more than $500 . Now and then you will see some second hand rims on ebay . I run a 44 tooth sprocket on my dirt rims and a 41 on the road trail rim , but could probably use a 40 tooth sprocket .I have found the bridgestone trailwing tyres to be very good , they grip very good on the road and are still good on a dry day in the bush .

Re: Cheapest place for new rims? 6 years ago #2970

• gombul
  • Fresh Boarder
Cheers Wayno. Ballards have SM or DB sets for $1350. Might be able to do the whole thing for around $2000 if careful shopping around for the discs, rear sprocket and rubber. If I go ahead I'll post the details but I gotta sell my Kawasaki Versys first.

Re: Cheapest place for new rims? 6 years ago #2982

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Keep looking on ebay every now and then , you might get lucky . You could almost buy a cheap DRZ , keep the wheels and sell off the rest and get most of your money back . Only thing is not a lot goes wrong with the DR and you might end up with a lot of spares .You would get $1000 to $1500 for a good motor easily , just a thought ????

Re: Cheapest place for new rims? 6 years ago #3008

• Harry34
  • Fresh Boarder
I`ve been looking for a second set of wheels and the cheapest i have found is $880 from US from moto x industries for warp 9`s in black or silver, has anyone had any problems or know much about them?

Re: Cheapest place for new rims? 6 years ago #3011

• gombul
  • Fresh Boarder
I think with the Warp 9's you still need to factor in a digital speedo as the stock won't fit (they come with spacers to fill this gap). With shipping etc, might not be a huge saving in the end.

I spoke to a salesman at Ballard's and he said "yeah, should." when I asked about the OEM speedo fitting. The nature of his response didn't fill me with confidence.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds