You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

aftermarket exhaust
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: aftermarket exhaust

aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2149

• Braapt
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey,
I just picked up a new DRZ400e and I am looking to buy a full exhaust system from the US. Just wondering what exhausts some of you's have put on and what differance it has made to the bike? Also does anyone have pictures of the exhaust on their bike?
Cheers

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2150

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
I recently bought a full FMF system from the states for $505 all up including post - Powercore4 slip-on and powerbomb header.

I have fitted the slip-on but am still waiting for the header to arrive. There is a difference but it is marginal (performance wise)

Where the biggest difference was is with weight. The stock pipe is twice as heavy as the FMF at least.

The FMF has definately made the bike sound better, its not night and day, but it is a throatier sound, and I don't think it is any louder than the stock one.

I had little issues with fitment, I wouldn't have had any except for the aftermarket rack I fitted required me to be a little creative with fitting the rear bracket.

I am happy with my purchase, the bike looks heaps better, and sounds nicer.

I still think FMF make the best value for money pipes out there.

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2151

• xrman
  • Gold Boarder
check out the thread about 10 below this one on exhausts.

FMF do have a good following. The Q4 gets the nod for being quiet(ish)

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2153

• maxi81
  • Fresh Boarder
I just got a MRD SSW from the states about a month ago. I think it's a great pipe, but it's quite loud. If you look on thumpertalk.com there is alot of info on them.

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2154

i have a yoshimura one on my drz and they are great. great sound can feel the power difference from stock straight away. my old man has one on his triumph speed triple to and it sounds fuckin wikid to. i would always yoshimura on any of my bikes from now on

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2155

• Braapt
  • Fresh Boarder
thanks for the help. I think i will get a FMF Q4 or Powercore4 and a powerbomb header.

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2157

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
I took the DRZ to work today, was the first ride with the FMF Powercore 4 Slip-on (stillll waiting for header to arrive).

What I noticed (and enjoyed allot) was a deeper exhaust note. However the bike was no louder and if anything its quieter. I also felt that at 100kph (with 15/47 gearing) the engine sounded like it was doing less work.

Another thing I noticed was less vibration. Previously I noticed slight vibes through the LH Peg, but it has gone now (although not ruling out that a change of chain and sprockets may have done this).

Throttle responce is better - not night and day, but more responsive throughout the entire rev range.

Maybe the only thing I have lost (other than weight) is a little bit of engine braking, but I can live with that!!!

Here are the vids!!

s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/goodie78/DRZ%20FMF%20Powercore%204/?action=view&current=Video0003.mp4

s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/goodie78/DRZ%20FMF%20Powercore%204/?action=view&current=Video0002.mp4

s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/goodie78/DRZ%20FMF%20Powercore%204/?action=view&current=Video0001.mp4

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 11 months ago #2172

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Just added Vids!!

Good wrote:
I took the DRZ to work today, was the first ride with the FMF Powercore 4 Slip-on (stillll waiting for header to arrive).

What I noticed (and enjoyed allot) was a deeper exhaust note. However the bike was no louder and if anything its quieter. I also felt that at 100kph (with 15/47 gearing) the engine sounded like it was doing less work.

Another thing I noticed was less vibration. Previously I noticed slight vibes through the LH Peg, but it has gone now (although not ruling out that a change of chain and sprockets may have done this).

Throttle responce is better - not night and day, but more responsive throughout the entire rev range.

Maybe the only thing I have lost (other than weight) is a little bit of engine braking, but I can live with that!!!

Here are the vids!!

s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/goodie78/DRZ%20FMF%20Powercore%204/?action=view&current=Video0003.mp4

s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/goodie78/DRZ%20FMF%20Powercore%204/?action=view&current=Video0002.mp4

s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/goodie78/DRZ%20FMF%20Powercore%204/?action=view&current=Video0001.mp4

Re: aftermarket exhaust 6 years, 9 months ago #2267

I bought a terry kelly pipe and it works great just had to adjust mixture screw and needle he included the settings i recommend him to anyone pipes are aussie made and sound awesome... mid range torque is fantastic now
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds