You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Gearing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Gearing

Re:Gearing 8 years, 1 month ago #593

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Hope this works - I attached the fische and the case guard is where the 15t sprocket will rub. The stock ones have a number (14 or 15) printed on it. The sprocket didn't fowl on the swing arm rubber on my bike

Post this to your web browser

fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module/Main/TypeID/26/Type/Motorcycle/MakeID/2/Make/Suzuki/YearID/49/Year/2008/ModelID/8145/Model/DRZ400S/GroupID/388782/Group/CRANKCASE_COVER_

Re:Gearing 8 years, 1 month ago #594

• mickxr6
  • Senior Boarder
OK i have to throw this one up! My mate said why not just change the rear sprocket to say about a 44T and it should have the same desired result?? What do you guys think? That sounds like it would be less hassle than messing with the front cover and he said it eases the stress on the counter shaft if that makes sense?

Re:Gearing 8 years, 1 month ago #597

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
There was a couple of reasons I changed the front sprocket.

Firstly; As I want a motard and don't want to swap chains as well as wheels, I am aiming for a final gear ratio of 15/47 for the bush (what it is now) and 15/44 for the motard. I should be able to do this with the current chain.

Secondly; Even with changing the case guard on the front sprocket, and the front sprocket cost, it was still cheaper than a rear sprocket.

As for loading up the countershaft....doubt that would be an issue. DRZ's are built to last....he must ride a KTM lol.

Re:Gearing 8 years, 1 month ago #598

• mickxr6
  • Senior Boarder
Ok. understand your point...And yes, he rides a KTM! LMFAO...Good guess..

Re:Gearing 8 years ago #752

I just bought the Suzuki 15t case saver piece so I can run a 15T sprocket. It is part number 27640-29F11. They had to order it in and it cost $25.55.

I'm also considering 15/47 dirt and 15/44 for motard to use the same chain. Or I might bite the bullet and get two chains so I can run 15/41 motard.

Info on my DRZ and the in-progress motard conversion is here;
http://www.offroadvw.net/index.php?name=DRZ400E

Re:Gearing 8 years ago #753

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
When i changed my rear sprocket from a 47 to a 44 i had to cut links of the chain .. The wheel wouldnt go back far enough to tension the chain properly ????

Re:Gearing 8 years ago #754

It all depends on how far through the adjustment travel your chain is. The DRZ has about 26mm of adjustment. I am about 9mm through (2/2-1 on the dial) and therefore have about 17mm to go. To go from a 47 to a 44 requires the wheel to move back 13mm, so I have enough room to do it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds