You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRZ horsepower
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ horsepower

DRZ horsepower 3 weeks ago #16964

• leman
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello, I am new here. For a long time I am trying to find the horsepowers of each model of DRZ(S,E,SM). I am interested in that which makes factory 48-49 hp.

Re: DRZ horsepower 3 weeks ago #16966

• merretta
  • Administrator
I am not sure of the exact numbers but the E will have the most hp, it has more aggressive cams and I think even the exhaust port is lager.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: DRZ horsepower 3 weeks ago #16967

• leman
  • Fresh Boarder
One friend of mine told me that drz 400 e with metal fuel tank has 49 hp, but in the net I see that there are drz 400 e with plastic fuel tank. It is obvious that I want to buy the version with the higher output like 48-49 hp, but it is very difficult to understand the hp of every each bike because here in Bulgaria everyone lies about the model and hp of the bike. May be if there is some platform where I can put the number of the engine to know for sure which type it is, it would be nice.

Re: DRZ horsepower 2 weeks, 2 days ago #16969

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
The E puts out around 50hp. The S and SM put out around 33hp. The S/SM have a different carb but the bigger issue is the PAIR vavle attached to it, 3mm smaller header & a much more restrictive slip on.
The conflictind information is on the cams and base gasket setup. Some are saying they are different. Others say they were different til a certain year then the S/SM & E core engine was essentially the same.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds