You are not logged in.

Hot Topics

More Topics »

Login form

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

I'm back!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: I'm back!

I'm back! 3 months, 4 weeks ago #16903

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Hi all I'm back!
Yep, it's been a while but I'm back on on a DRZ400. All be it an S model this time but I'm looking forward to the challenge of making it lighter and more powerful.
Got hold of a bog stock 2010 S model with 52000k on it, yep lots of ks and on original top end and guess what, no rattles or squeaks or even a hint of smoke on start. Other than accessories such as hand guards, rack, bash plate and heated grips it is how it rolled off the showroom floor. Original bars, fender extender even the dickie front reflectors. In some ways it will be a shame, but it won't be like that for long.

Re: I'm back! 3 months, 3 weeks ago #16904

• merretta
  • Administrator
Hi Good, do you have any pictures of the new bike? 52k wow, mine has done 1,800k and it's a 2015.

I know I need to ride it more, I have just had the suspension sorted so I will start riding it again soon.

Yes the standard lets start to mod the DRZ begins.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: I'm back! 3 months, 3 weeks ago #16905

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Resized_20180710_195655_4889.jpeg

Here's a pic (if it works) should be picking up tard rims tonight and got an E model exhaust system the other day. Keen to get on it, just haven't had time and the knobbies are new so don't want to sacrifice them on the tar.

Re: I'm back! 3 months, 2 weeks ago #16963

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Put a set of tard rims on Betty today. These are actually Kawasaki rims, possibly ZZR250. Little bit of stuffing around but they fit and the bike rides well. Still a few things to be done like fitting the trail tech, getting proper spacers made (thats when I next pull them off) and sourcing a 310 mm front disc.
Attachments:

Re: I'm back! 3 months, 2 weeks ago #16965

• merretta
  • Administrator
Wow that's some breaking power. How come your S has normal forks? didn't the S have upside down forks.

Let us know what you think of the rear rack, I am looking at getting one soon.
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: I'm back! 3 months, 2 weeks ago #16968

• Good
  • Gold Boarder
Unfortunately here in Aus we only got the conventional forks. It looks like I'm going to have to source a 320mm front disc, then I'll see how the nissin calipar holds up.
The rack I put on my last DRZ was simpler and didn't stand out as much, was a KLK250 style rack. The B&B rack looks more durable and more vestitile when securing gear. The great thing about a rack is they give you something to grab on to if you get stuck
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.38 seconds