you are here:
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

DRZ400e 2013 - Bar riser issue
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Share your modifications both the ones that worked and ones not worth doing.
  • Page:

TOPIC: DRZ400e 2013 - Bar riser issue

DRZ400e 2013 - Bar riser issue 3 months, 1 week ago #13635

Hi lads,

Just wondering if anyone can help me with an issue I'm having installing bar risers on my DRZ.

I bought 30mm riser from the local store, they are Cykel brand (product no: 134-HBCK7). It seems that they are too wide for the holes to match up. Has anyone else had this issue, I'm thinking I'll just have to take them back for smaller risers.

I'm 6,3" which is why I'm going for the 30mm risers.

P.S I'm a noob with this sort of stuff so I'll do my best.

Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers.

Matt

Re: DRZ400e 2013 - Bar riser issue 3 months, 1 week ago #13636

• merretta
  • Administrator
Hi Matt,

Do you mean that the bar riser is off to the side or you cannot get the bolt through no matter how you sit them?

In the attached picture you can see how they hang over the side.

Oh and welcome to the site, not a lot goes on here due to a bad crash and I haven't been doing any real riding in the last couple of years. Maybe I will again soon and start organising some rides etc.

Andrew
Attachments:
2015 DR-Z400E, Powernow Intake, Edge LED Tail Light. Pro Taper Bars, Bark Busters, Suzuki Bash Plate, B&B case saver

Re: DRZ400e 2013 - Bar riser issue 3 months, 1 week ago #13637

Hi Andrew,

there isn't any over hang, its more that the top clamp (stock) is too narrow for the after market riser which is wider. When the bolts go in they are pushed outwards due to it being narrow at the top.

If I had a new top clamp that suited the after market riser that would probably work.

I'm only a noob rider but I like it.

Cheers.

Matt

Re: DRZ400e 2013 - Bar riser issue 3 months ago #13638

Fixed!! Turns out the risers that the young lad sold me were tapered and I needed untapered. Installed the new ones and they work a treat.

Matt
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds