Username Password: Remember me

Motor wanted
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Motor wanted

Motor wanted 6 years, 10 months ago #2406

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Would anyone have or know some one who has a drz motor for sale , i would like to get one as a project so if its not going that would be fine ..

Re: Motor wanted 6 years, 10 months ago #2409

• Owey
  • Expert Boarder
hey wayno, have seen a few on ebay & gumtree for sale. they are asking stupid prices (well I think) for them tho. Mate hope that helps.

Re: Motor wanted 6 years, 10 months ago #2410

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks Owey Yep seen a couple as well but for the prices i might as well buy the whole bike , I guess if i had one sitting around i wouldnt give it away either .. Not sure if getting one from the USA would work , with all the laws i dont know if i could legally put one in the bike ?? ..

Re: Motor wanted 6 years, 10 months ago #2427

• Kummo
  • Senior Boarder
  • 2010 DRZ400E

Re: Motor wanted 6 years, 10 months ago #2429

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
Seen that one yesterday ? motors in the USA are about the same once you get them shipped over .. Or ? if some one wanted wheels , and someone else a tank ect ect ect , a whole bike could be bought and parted out and everyone gets there parts cheap . Wishfull thinking maybe .. cheers ..

Re: Motor wanted 5 years, 3 months ago #3847

• midrz
  • Senior Boarder
Shit mate had me worried, for a moment I thought you'd lunched one, don't think it would be possible, I had a lovely old XR350 years ago even if I changed the oil/filter after every ride the old girl would make some very strange sounds when shut down after been ridden hard or worked in the heavy scrub, & great old bike but each time you fried the oil the engine (easy to get bits) & @#7&%$ the gearset (not so easy). A great bike but no DRZ...

Re: Motor wanted 5 years, 1 month ago #3912

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Dunno if your still looking for a project motor ? but I have a dusted DRZ400EK6 motor coming out of mine !! Im not looking at repairing it myself but happy to either part out the salvagable bits or sell it as is for someone wanting to tinker with it ? if you are then shoot me a PM PS im in Brisbane
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: Motor wanted 5 years, 1 month ago #3913

• drztroy
  • Gold Boarder
$$$ ?

Re: Motor wanted 5 years, 1 month ago #3914

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
Troy, sent you a PM with some details
Just another happy DRZ'er :) with just about all the mods done I need ( or that the wife will allow)

Re: Motor wanted 5 years, 1 month ago #3916

• wayno
  • Platinum Boarder
I would be still interested , i have a brother inlaw up that way that could possibly pick it up . Whats the asking price , was it registered with the bike , and what do you think ? may have gone wrong with it ?? ..

Re: Motor wanted 5 years, 1 month ago #3918

• Stricko
  • Expert Boarder
I will get the motor back tommorow , i need to have a look at it and discuss with mechanic what went wrong etc what needs repairing etc and hiw much it might be worth. Yes the engine was registered with my bike. New motor is in and ready to ride !! Ill send you a message with the details and to the few others that are interested. Also then parting out the rest of the donor bike completley cheers Stricko
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.33 seconds